Burstfire - Primer Pocket Gauge Set
- Never guess again if your primer pockets were properly reamed or swaged.
Include large & small primer pocket gauge.
- Enlarged body, curved (go gauge) / Swirl (no-go) design for a secure grip to be held by hand.
- It can also be attached to an existing industry standard 8/32 threaded hand tool handle, to maximize comfort.
- We all want a tight primer pocket, that will not loosen up before our brass fails. Especially if you use expensive brass.
- Using small primer pocket as an example. Our small gauge is made to 0.1725. Variation for small primers is 0.1745 - 0.1755 in diameter. ***Majority of small primers will be 0.175.
- We have found, a .175 primer, can be inserted in a .1725 pocket on a press, but may meet some resistance at .1755 (Will not work in most cases if hand priming. In this case simply set up the reamer / Swager to go just a tad bit further).
- ***Proper use of gauge: Make sure the gauge can be freely inserted into the pocket, without sticking / without requiring any force to push it all the way in, or pull all the way out.
- No-Go Gauges are made .005 over max pocket dimensions. If the No-Go Gauge can be inserted, it indicates your primer pocket may be too loose for some primers. It is strongly recommended at that point to either recondition your pockets, or discard/recycle the case.
- At times, the No-Go Gauge may be partially inserted into the primer pockets. That is NOT an indication of a loose primer pocket. It has to be fully inserted, without any resistance.
If you want the highest level of precision and control, this is it. But keep in mind there are variations from brand to brand, and lot to lot. Cup thickness is a factor in if it will fit or how easily it will fit as well.