Burstfire Case Prep Tool Set Package
It includes everything you need to prep your brass cases
- VLD Inside Chamfer Tool
- Outside Debur
- Primer Pocket Reamer (large & small)
- Primer Pocket Cleaners (large & small)
- ***Upgrade to P2 for all of the above + Uniformer Set
- ***Upgrade to P3 to get all of the above + primer pocket go + no-go gauge set
Burstfire's Ultimate Case Prep Tool Set includes all the Case Prep tools you need to do all your basic prepping tasks in one package!
- First of all, if you've used these tools in the past, you know the struggle of dull cutters. We manufactured these with the highest quality material to ensure long term performance. You will appreciate the clean cuts / performance from our tools!
- The handle is threaded in the middle, which will allow you to unthreads in the middle to store all the small parts.
- The thread at each end of the handle will allow you to attach the Case Prep Heads for manual operating.
- You can also attach the heads atop our Burstfire Case Annealer & Case Prep Center Combo unit to motorize and speed up the process by at least 5x!
- This kit allows you to conveniently and efficiently clean primer pockets, debur the inside and outside of your cartridge neck, two at a time by attaching to the handle, or all at once atop our Case Prep Center!
Burstfire - Ultimate Primer Pocket Reamer Set
- First of all, if you've used these tools in the past, you know the struggle of dull cutters. We manufactured these with the highest quality material to ensure long term performance. You will appreciate the clean cuts / performance from our tool
- *** Hate reaming / swaging? Burstfire Ultimate Small Primer Pocket Reamer is the easiest, fastest, and most effective solution on the market!
- We redesigned and Improved vs others on the market. Normal reamers cut at 35-40 degree angle, which will require excessive metal to be cut for the crimp to be removed. BFG Reamers 80-85 degree angle, to SAAMI dimensions, and requires minimal cutting.
- Cut radius for our tools is 0.0025 below standard primer dimensions. For small is 0.1730 and 0.209 for large, compared to 0.167 small and 0.202 large for most other products in the market (undersized).
- *****The reamer does NOT need to be inserted all the way into the primer pocket. Insert until you feel / hear the cutting, and it should be sifficient! (unless your preference if to open it up a bit more to assist in ease of priming using a hand primer). It is designed to be quick “tap and go”, and is all you need! It's like swaging, but better, and faster.
- ****Best way to check correct / ideal primer pocket dimensions, is through the use of a Primer Pocket Go & No Gauge. We highly recommend. You can find them HERE in our website.
Burstfire - Primer Pocket Uniformer Set
- Like everything Burstfire, our Pocket uniformed is improved over rest on the market!
- So what’s diff? All pocket uniformer in the market are made way too small. Result is it creates a circular wobble when attempting to “uniform” the pocket. Which results in more effort/time to cut and uniform the pocket, evenly.
- our is made to the correct dimension, cutting the primer pockets at the correctly dimensions in both width and depth, effectively removing that wobble effect, and just enough that it does not remove any metal on the pocket wall.
- Purpose: Uniform uneven primer pockets, to ensure reliable primer ignition, and/or to prevent the possibility of slam-fire from primer not being seated deep enough.
- Another use case is to remove the protruding flash hole, caused by using incorrect decapping pin on smaller or undersized flash holes, causing flash hole to be punched outwards, and deformed.
- Industry standard 8/32 thread can be attached to any prep tool handle, or atop a Case Prep Center.
Burstfire - VLD Chamfer & Deburr Tool Set
- Burstfire - VLD Chamfer & Deburr Tool Set
- To chamfer and deburr your case mouth
- Chamfer inside case mouth to smooth out rough inner edges from trimming, and allow for smooth bullet seating. Prevents shaving off bullet plating when seating.
- Deburr outside case mouth, to remove rough edges / burr from case trimming process
- Industry standard 8/32 threaded. Can fit into any prep tool handles, or case prep centers, such as the Burstfire 2 in 1 Case Annealer & Prep Center
Burstfire - Primer Pocket Go-Gauge Set
- Never guess again if your primer pockets were properly reamed or swaged.
Include large & small primer pocket gauge
- Enlarged body, curved / wave design for a secure grip to be held by hand
- It can also be attached to an existing industry standard 8/32 threaded hand tool handle, to maximize comfort.
- We all want a tight primer pocket, that will not loosen up before our brass fails. Especially if you use expensive brass.
- Using small primer pocket as an example. Our small gauge is made to 0.1725. Variation for small primers is 0.1745 - 0.1755 in diameter. ***Majority of small primers will be 0.175.
- We have found, a .175 primer, can be inserted in a .1725 pocket on a press, but may meet some resistance at .1755 (Will not work in most cases if hand priming. In this case simply set up the reamer / Swager to go just a tad bit further).
- if you want the highest level of precision and control, this is it. But keep in mind there are variations from brand to brand, and lot to lot. Cup thickness is a factor in if it will fit or how easily it will fit as well.
Burstfire Primer Pocket NO-GO Gauge Set:
- No-Go Gauges are made .005 over max pocket dimensions. If the No-Go Gauge can be inserted, it indicates your primer pocket may be too loose for some primers. It is strongly recommended at that point to either recondition your pockets, or discard/recycle the case.
- At times, the No-Go Gauge may be partially inserted into the primer pockets. That is NOT an indication of a loose primer pocket. It has to be fully inserted, without any resistance.